
The other day I was at the library and came upon a Smurfs DVD. So I checked it out and brought it home for the kids to watch. They *loved* it! It is now their favorite show. That and The Brady Bunch, which they also recently discovered on one of the PBS channels here. Cuddles calls it “The Funny Show.”
But there is one thing that has him puzzled: “What does it mean to ‘smurf a tree’?”
6 comments:
I haven't thought about Smurfs in FOREVER!
I haven't seen the Smurfs in probably two decades (yes, we're that old) but doesn't the word "smurf" typically represent a verb or an adjective when they're talking to each other? So it would be "smurf down a tree." (like cut down a tree) or "smurf up a tree" (like climb up a tree)? I'll have to see when it's on here and record an episode. A blast from the past, in deed!
Smurfs, Wow that is a blast from the past. My Dad found some fragile rock dvds (it was an HBO show for kids) this summer and got them for the kids. It was so strange watching them. They were our favorites when we were little. My kids loved them as well. What I really think is funny is when the kids are watching scooby doo or tom and jerry, and they say things like "this cartoon is very old, Mom watched it when she was little!" Are we really that old?
Hey you, my kids love the smurfs too! Dominick keeps asking when you guys are coming back. We miss you guys!
i was going to send an email but can't find it now...we're in bountiful for two weeks but i'm planning to make a trip or two down to provo. in fact, i'll be at the game on saturday. are you guys going?
The Smurfs just recently celebrated a big anniversary--it was either 25 or 30 years. Love them. But in this day and age we probably shouldn't just insert smurf in a sentence. You can get smurfs online--mine love playing with mine when they visit my mom.
My kids have been hooked on Brady Bunch for years. We have a couple of seasons on DVD. Good clean fun. Abby always says "porkchops and applesauce" when I am at the grocery store.
Post a Comment