Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Tasty Treat

I’m not really into crafts. They always look cool but they never really turn out right and then they just seem to pile up as clutter. So I try to stick with bigger projects, like useful home improvement stuff or consumable things like FOOD.
For example, a few months ago I made some cream puffs for a friend’s baby shower. I had made them before, but I had forgotten how much FUN they are to make! It’s like playdoh for moms!
And then I found these


These are from the Bakerella blog {see sidebar link}, or you may have seen their cousin, the cupcake pops, on Martha Stewart. So I finally made some for my little sister’s b-day this weekend and they were not only super FUN, and super CUTE but also super TASTY! And you also get to impress your friends and relatives.

8 comments:

Gini said...

Those are way cute. Perfect for a baby shower. Last year I made little cakes and made them look like baby blocks, with letters, numbers and pictures on them for a baby shower. I love to create fun stuff like this in th ekitchen. I'm so with you on all the clutter that crafting creates!

lydia moyer said...

i remember us spending hours at girls camp painting plaster molds and your right making a big mess!i think i'm gonna make some of those little cupcakes and take them to some kids in the ward. i kind of wish me you and gini were making them all together! now that would be fun!!!

lydia moyer said...

hi it's me again. so i went and looked at your slide show. what a dang cute family you got. melanie i can't believe how red your hair is! you know you have gotten the two things you wanted back in high school- batman and red hair! i think it's from being such a good girl!

Aaron said...

They look yumm-o, you guys look great, and if your still looking for a place to live, try LYNNWOOD, we'd love to have you as neighbors. the Professor will have a long commute, but its worth the fun to be had!

Your family would love it.

Weekly cookie night.

Guaranteed good calling in the ward, I've got connections.

Beautiful Northwest

Seriously.., we'd kick out our neighbors.

Seriously...

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Its good to see your family. Your kids are really cute! Can I come cook with Lydia and Gini too!

Gini said...

You need to share HOW you made these. I was looking for something fun to do in the kitchen today!

I love Lydia's Idea, sounds like a fun girls weekend to me. Who's house are we meeting at?!

Maryblog said...

Very cute! Ok so we need to hang out, you being here in town and everything. I got your number from Bruce, I will give you a call! I hope you are having fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Melanie, I finally got to check out your blog! What a cute family, and what fun adventures! So, it sounds like you guys moved to UT? That would be so great to see you sometime!
Love, Julie