Thursday, November 13, 2008
Family Night--Dollar Skating
When was the last time you went rollerskating?? It had been a long time since we had gone until monday night. Our cousins invited us for their school fundraiser. Serious fun. Easy did surprisingly well on skates. {Though she did manage to trip both myself and the Professor at least once.} Cuddles’ need for speed compelled him to ditch the skates after about ten minutes and go for the scooter.
Here is part of the conversation in the car on the way:
Easy: What is blonde hair?
Me: It’s what people call yellow hair. Like Sam’s.
Cuddles: What is white hair called?
Me: White hair.
Easy: Or gray.
Me: Yeah, or gray.
Cuddles: How do people get white hair?
Me: Well, as you get older it just starts to lose its color.
Cuddles: Like Daddy’s hair is white.
Easy: And gray.
The Professor: What?! Thanks a lot you guys!
Easy: Your hair is gray. And white, Daddy.
Cuddles: Dad, have you even looked in the mirror??
Lucky for me red heads are the last to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
We went skating this year too! I agree, serious fun.
I won't comment on the "gray" hair.
We usually go skating about once a year and I swear when the kids are younger they can skate better. The first time we took the kids Isabel was skating so well she won the limbo contest. Her very first time on skates! The next year, she couldn't stay on her feet to save her life! It is always a lot of fun though.
i think it's so cool that you live by ariel now. i bet it's nice to be close to family! i'm with you on the red hair thing and then hopefully it will go to the beautiful white hair. as for the guys i love that jason is getting a little grey on the sides. i think it's kind of distinguished looking ( the word i'm really going for i'm not sure if you would appreciate on your blog):)
Wow skating. I didn't know people still did that. I need to find a rink and head down memory lane for a few hours.
What fun! I'm totally jealous! It kills me there are so few places left to skate. I think the place closest to us here is in Rhode Island (ie. not close)!
BTW... I think most redheads just fade rather than actually going grey. My grandmother's hair used to be a gorgeous auburn/red and it is now-at the age of 83-a lovely strawberry blonde.
Sounds like a ton of fun! We used to do some of the greatest stuff in Utah, things we hadn't done anywhere else. Interesting....... Dominick wants to say hi, he really misses the kiddos
Loved the conversation!! We have had similar--except substitute white/gray for no hair/bald. The kids have drawn great pictures of Kevin with just about 3 hairs on each side of his head. Makes you appreciate the white/grays!
Post a Comment