Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Great to be Eight

Guess who had a birthday...

For some reason I gave in and got him this cake. I never buy cakes. They have like a 500 percent markup. But he wanted one with flowers. For his Bakugan party, what else?

That was on the Saturday before and then went to Chuck E Cheese on his birthday {Tuesday} with his cousins. Then we ended up at Arctic Circle for dinner and I realized when we got there that I went to Arctic Circle on my 8th birthday too. Weird. I got a new coat, because my birthday is in February.
Somehow his celebrations were stretched out over the course of the week, we went to get his free scoop at Baskin Robbins on Friday and Daddy took him to Red Robin on Saturday for his free birthday meal. How did he end up so spoiled?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow-that sounds like a good way to celebrate turning 8! You are a good mom, Melanie!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!

My 8 year old is into Bakugan too.

marticall said...

Turning 8 is VERY special, so it all makes sense to me. Happy Birthday Dallin! :)

Mamabug said...

Happy Birthday!!! It is an exciting birthday. I had to look up "Bakugan party" to figure out what that meant so I learned something today. Thanks!

Missletoe said...

8!!! What a big kid! Happy Birthday!

Oh how we miss him. Superkid told Pops that all of "his gang" is leaving. He listed Dallin and Ezrie among all the friends over the years that have left. After the Cooks move it will be just Superkid and Ellie in his primary class. sigh. We miss you guys!