So we were at the party store the other day and they didn’t have what I went there for, but of course they had something on sale that I *needed*: Care Bears party stuff was totally marked down. So I asked Cuddles if he wanted to have Care Bears for his Birthday (in May). Of course he did. The only thing is, that sparked in him a renewed obsession with his birthday. After a few days of “Is it my birthday yet?” I decided we needed a paper chain to count down. It has worked. Mostly. Then it dawned on my, Hey, Mother’s Day is also on his birthday. When I mentioned it to him, he replied, “Oh, that’s crazy! Mother’s Day is on my birthday and I’ll have to be NICE!” Don’t worry, it won’t happen every year.
Then Easy told me, “I love Daddy a Million, but I love you a Hundred, because you get mad.” You know, this is what happens when Daddy tries to play the Good Cop and makes me be the Bad Cop. What ever happened to the days when you could say, “Just wait till your father gets home…” Instead, what you’ll hear at our house is, “But don’t tell Mom…” It’s seriously like he’s a double agent sometimes!
Oh, and Easy’s new favorite thing to say is, “You RUINED my LIFE!!!” Gotta love it.
1 comment:
I love watching Easy stomp her foot and cross her arms over her chest. Her newest phrase will most likely come back to haunt you when she about- oh- I'd say 13 or so! I'm pretty sre that's when I started believing my parents had ruined my own life. :)
Too bad for Cuddles that his birthday and Mother's Day intersect. And you expect him to be nice on his birthday? Please!
Post a Comment