It seems I still have a little bit of creative juices left in me. I made this fabulous birthday cake {a while ago, of course} for Cuddles. And I’ll even tell you the trick!!
After procuring the character you would like to portray on your cake, you smack down a piece of waxed paper on top of the picture. Next, you take a sharpie and trace over the important parts. Flip that baby over and pipe out a thin line of frosting to get the outline. Flip it over again, position onto the cake top and press down gently so that the frosting gets transferred onto said cake. Now you just fill it in with as much frosting as you can stand!!
Let’s just say I had a teensy sugar headache after finishing off the decorating on this one…
***
And on the girly side, I was recently tipped off by my pal A.B. about some fun hairdo blogs. {I’ll add one or two onto my sidebar--"she does hair"} However, Easy has granted me permission to do her hair “on Sundays only.” But that’s fine, mostly because of how quickly it changes from this…
To this…
5 comments:
Ok... That Care Bear cake (would that be Cheer Bear?) is adorable and so is the hairdo. How do you find the time, crazy lady? I don't have a daughter (at least not right now) but I'd love to know the trik for that hairstyle regardless. I have plenty of nieces I can torture! :)
that hair is really cute!!!!!
It's one of the *new* generation of care bears, Oopsy Bear. Cheer Bear is pink with a rainbow...I guess you need to brush up. ;-) Their on cbs on Saturday mornings. Not like I know...
Great cake tip! Thanks! You always do E's hair (can't remember if you use names on your blog) so cutely. She always looks great.
i hope you don't mind but i love some of the extras you have on your blog and i'm gonna have to copy you. the hairdo links and the books shelf thingy! thanks for the inspiration! i remember the first time i read les miserables, i thought "i have literatureally arrived!" and yes i made that word up myself but i think it's appropriate. ha ha!
Post a Comment