Sunday, July 6, 2008
Saturday I woke up at 9.
Here is a little run-down of our family's Freedom Celebration:
July 3rd:
4pm-- arrived at the Hatch Shell for the free concert with Boston Pops and Rascal Flats. Sat around and picnicked with friends and was introduced to everyone we didn't know in the vacinity by our three year old. {"Hey what kind of chips do you have? Mind if I try one?" "Oh, that's a nice statue of liberty hat, mind if I have it?" "Ah, you brought an umbrella, how about if I sit on your lap??"}
8:15--Severe weather arrives, but we hold down the fort so as not to lose our precious spot on the grass. All the wimps lost theirs.
8:30--Concert begins.
10:00--Confetti cannon next to us shoots off, startling the Professor and delighting the children. Can't find Easy...Luckily everyone in the crowd already knows who she is and she's quickly spotted.
July 4th:
2:00--Naptime!!
6:00--Dinner at the Barking Crab. Then we meander over to the Children's Museum because it is of course Target $1 Friday.
8:30--Leave Museum and zip over to the Esplanade for the fireworks show.
9:00--still inching through the crowd trying to find a spot. No chance of sitting tonight...
9:30--Inching along, inching along, and suddenly some preliminary fireworks go off. Everyone stops in their tracks. I guess this will be our spot...
10:30--Sigh of relief as the fireworks finally start. EXCELLENT!!!!
10:50--Easy falls asleep. She almost made it...
11:00--Inching along towards the nearest T stop to commence a subway ride I would rather forget...
12:48--Pull up into our driveway.
And now you know why I woke up at 9 on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I was in Boston for the 4th in 2002. I was there with my best friend from NM and we watched the concert and fireworks from the Salt & Pepper bridge. It was, by far, the best display I've ever seen. They beat DC.
Question is, did the children allow you to stay in bed? Exhausting your kids only really works if they're as exhausted or more eshausted than you are. But I'll kive you supreme kudos for doing the Boston 4th with kids. Though I suppose it's fitting you should go since it's your last official year here.
Great pics!
Oh yes, I was the first one up.
That was enough to make me want to stay in bed until 9--oh wait I already do. But that was a very late getting home. Beats ours and our friends ran out of gas. You are good sports to venture out and experience that with the kids. Good memories!!
You guys are going out with a bang. Any one of those activities would (and did) do us in for the weekend! Hey... whatever happened to the pic of us huddling under the picnic blanket? I was hoping to steal it from your blog!
Post a Comment