Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Monday: Wash Day

When I used to do laundry in the laundromat here I used to always get ticked off by that person who would come in and fill up all the washers at the same time. I mean, seriously, how rude. Well, now that person is me. I did 7 loads this week. {I actually did more than that last week but on two different days.} I figured out that I actually do less loads if its all on one day. But it sure ticks off the other poor souls who actually expect to find available washing machines when they need them...There's probably a really nice word for people like me.

And now for the folding...

8 comments:

Delise said...

Ha! I did that a couple times this summer! How are things looking with the house, perhaps the laundromat will be a thing in the past in a short while!?

Megan said...

I agree with you! I've started doing almost all my washing in one day and find that I do much less washing (oh and I have more days free).

I hadn't thought of doing it all at the laundromat...but that sounds much quicker, using up all the machines at once!

Amy said...

Hey when we get our laundry room up and running again, you are welcome to come use it. We live pretty close to campus, we don't have it functioning yet, but if you think it would help you, it is all yours.

Catherine Call said...

That is like a NIGHTMARE!! The laundromat?!?

Missletoe said...

So I just want to know what goes into the calculus of how to determine when something is "worthy" of being taken to the laundry mat. I think I would spend a lot of time scraping crusty food off of clothes and shoving them back into drawers. I'm just saying.

Jeni said...

Cinderblock walls...oh the memories. Glad to see that you're all moved in and safe. Loved catching up on your blog. We miss you.

Cherisa said...

Ugh! Just looking at your huge pile of laundry makes me run away from my computer (there's a matching pile on the bed behind me). I don't mind washing laundry too much (even at the laundromat- doesn't that sound more automatic than it is?) but I detest puting it all away. Like I said... ugh!

Mamma Meg said...

You're almost making me wish I lived in Wymount again, taking my laundry up the hill in a stroller...aaah, good times. Have Fun!