So I got a letter the other day from the school nurse. Apparently Cuddles was missing one of his required shots. And by required, I mean: required in Utah but not required in Massachusetts. Nice. Anyone can guess how well that went over… {especially with the award-winning bedside manner of the nurse at the county health department. How about we not flash the huge needle in his face. Maybe try getting him looking in another direction first. I’m not a nurse, but it just seems like a good idea.}
Our bribe was a trip to “Chucky Cheese-its” afterward. We didn’t buy any pizza, since the last time we were there the kids ate a whole lot of nothing. Just the tokens. Also, last time we were there Cuddles didn’t see anything he wanted to redeem his tickets for, so I held on to them and this time he ended up with a hundred and fifty. As if he hasn’t had enough sugar lately, he decided on this for his prize:
Our bribe was a trip to “Chucky Cheese-its” afterward. We didn’t buy any pizza, since the last time we were there the kids ate a whole lot of nothing. Just the tokens. Also, last time we were there Cuddles didn’t see anything he wanted to redeem his tickets for, so I held on to them and this time he ended up with a hundred and fifty. As if he hasn’t had enough sugar lately, he decided on this for his prize:
5 comments:
One giant sucker for one nasty shot...sounds like a good deal to me!
At least he (and you) survived! Shots don't seem to get any easier as they get older...
I always wanted one of those suckers - what a lucky kid. One small shot and one BIG sucker!
Ya we had to do that too, except Kat had to get THREE! She was a little more brave at 12! Hooray for Chuck E Cheese-its to save the day!
So Utah kids are more inoculated than our Mass kids? I thought WE had the best health care?
Post a Comment