“The bank” approved the offer we made on this house!!
To state the obvious, it is not a moment too soon! I was actually starting to sweat about where, oh *where* will we put a Christmas tree in this place?!! Plus, Sears has our appliances on sale for 25+% off this Friday morning, and we’ve already had to pass up their sales twice! Talk about cutting it close…Plus my coat is in storage and I’d really like to get it out. {I guess that’s what happens when you pack your house up in July.}
As you can see in the pictures, the house is not quite finished. The builder {who is currently in jail} went under and we are the suckers who decided it would be worth it to put in the counters, toilets, faucets, A/C, garage doors, appliances and carpets…not to mention the yard. I like to think of it as our Sleeping Beauty castle. You know, having to slash through all the thorns to get to the princess. Those weeds are as tall as me. Now that. Is. Tall.
As you can also see by the date on the pictures how *ridiculously* long and drawn out this process has been. It has really been aggravating at times. But I think it will turn out to be worth it in the end. I had originally hoped we might be in by Thanksgiving. Obviously not. Christmas is probably a bit of a stretch, but maybe maybe maybe by New Years??
And here’s another bonus: we locked in our interest rate today at 5 1/3%. Cha-Ching!! Seriously, that is going to make a huge difference!
By the way, we went to Baskin Robbins for our ice cream cones because they are a dollar on Tuesday nights. You might want to investigate whether yours has that.



12 comments:
yay melanie! that's so exciting. nice nice house... you know i will forever dream of the day that my living room, kitchen, play room, study, and dining room is not all the SAME room. ;) oh and it might be a good idea to put up some railings for your kids... hehe.
Love it! Congrats!
Mel, It's beautiful!! I'm sure you'll be in it in no time. Congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Even with all the work in store, at least you know you have something and don't have to keep worrying. Looks like a great place! Keep all the construction pictures coming! :)
I'm sooo glad it worked out for you! Farewell cinderblock walls and hello glorious space! Yay! Congratulations. Let us know if you need moving help...or kid watching help. Help!?
Nice spot there! You guys will make it look amazing, so nice and open. So, what ever happened with your old house in Rockland?
Hooray! Hooray! Your "sleeping beauty" house looks like it will be a beautiful home after a few more items (definitely need to finish the guard rails upstairs) but HOORAY!!! I think your house looks wonderful! And I am wondering if I know who your builder is? Is his name John? If so, I know a little bit about that matter.
Yeah!!! Looks like you have room for the Toads too! You might not even notice us for awhile!
We can't wait for the tour!
Congratulations!!!!
It is so nice! I want a house!! I love it! I am sure you are so excited!
It looks like a really nice house! Congrats! I miss Utah and our house! I really miss having a house. It looks nice and even though there is a lot to do. You know it makes it more special because of all the personal touches!
Yay so exciting! Especially with the interest rate. Can't wait to see your completed castle
Congratulations Mel! How exciting! I know exactly how it is to wait and it is HARD! It will be worth it, though. You'll have to post more pics when the work is done and your all moved in. Blessings!
Post a Comment