Friday, January 23, 2009

My big mouth


So, I was just explaining last night to The Professor how I like the Pyrex containers better than the rubbermaids since they last longer. We've had the same ones since we got married. But the plastic ones get all nasty; we've gone through several sets. So I decided to turn over a new leaf and start investing in the Pyrex.
So what does he do?? This morning as he was {hastily} retrieving his leftovers for lunch from the fridge I heard a nice, glassy Crashing and Smashing sound. Oh, but it wasn't his lunch that shattered onto the kitchen floor. It was mine!! {sniff} Figures.

4 comments:

Cherisa said...

Sorry to say it, but it sounds about right... Ian has managed to wash and dry three of my sweaters in the past 10 years but only the cashmere ones I got on sale for about 90% off the original price. I've given up on ever buying any more even if the price is fantastic because they will eventually end up a big hairy ball in the dryer.

I'm sorry for your loss!

Mamma Meg said...

Soo sad! That's why I don't have nice things. I put the leftovers in old bread bags...heh heh heh.

mom2cherreys said...

I'm shocked it broke, my kids have dropped my pyrex so many times and they haven't broken! I love them! I guess you win some and lose some huh!

hillari said...

Hey Melanie! I just found your blog off of Melissa Busse's--so good to see you! Your family is very cute. I have a blog also if you want to check it out. Oh--my maiden name was keel--hopefully you remember me!