Monday, January 12, 2009

Pretty Soon They'll Come to Get Me

OK, so I had all my Christmas cards ready to mail by Thanksgiving. Except that I wanted to include our new address in them to save stamps, so I set them aside to send when we had closed on the house. And they sat there and sat there. . . I finally went through and took out the address cards and just sent them anyway. I don’t think anyone got theirs before Christmas.
Yeah, so I mentioned that we are still in the apartment. Let me explain. {To make this as quick and painless as possible, I will be using bullets. No, not that kind of bullets!}
• We got the run-around from the credit union for a few weeks and finally switched to a different bank.
• Got the appraisal. It came back really low.
• Challenged the appraisal.
• Of course everyone was out of the office for the holidays. That really sped things up.
• Appraiser wouldn’t budge. Re-negotiation time with sellers.
• Realtor finds us a different house.
So we started the process over. Luckily this house is not a short sale. A bank already owns it, so it works a lot more like a regular sale. By that I mean we waited 4 days instead of 4 months for a response.
This week we are doing all the inspections and then we will hopefully close on the house the beginning of February.
Maybe I’m getting cynical, but I still feel somehow that the fat lady hasn’t sung yet. But I might as well show you some pictures.




9 comments:

Cherisa said...

Well, it looks like this house is complete which is a bonus! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Mamma Meg said...

It's beautiful! I really hope it works out for you.

Delise said...

Argh! Sorry, I was hoping against hope that your short sale experience would be much different than ours!

Is the basement finished and a loft/attic area finished? It looks so great! Crossing fingers with Cherisa!

Amy said...

oh wow! That house is amazing! where are you guys moving to? it looks like its in American Fork, but I could be wrong. If you are interested in living in 3 bedroom basement apartment while you wait, my parents have one available.

Unknown said...

i have to tell you about what my kids said when we got your christmas letter...they asked if you were mary jane from spiderman which i assured them you were! but i told them things weren't working out with you and spidey so now your with a different superhero;)they were pretty impressed with who your hangin out with now!

Missletoe said...

I had a dream that we visited you in your new house, which was a fabulous establishment. ....But I have to say, this house is MUCH MUCH better than the one I dreamed up. I can't wait to see it!
Good luck!

Unknown said...

sorry i didn't realize i was signed in under my son the one from allen is me lydia!

mom2cherreys said...

I like it, hope it works for you!

Mamabug said...

looks nice!! I hope it works out!