Sunday, June 28, 2009

Natural Causes

My kids won't stop listening to this ever since I found it at the library. We have renewed it to the renewal limit and then renewed it some more. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that one of the stories is about Arthur losing his first tooth. At the ripe old age of seven.

Anyone who knows Cuddles knows how fond he is of pain. That is probably why it took this long for his first baby tooth to fall out {from forces of nature and not from those of the dentist}.
I can't remember how long this tooth was loose, but observe how the permanent tooth has already come into view. This was a long. time. coming.
The timing of the actual "fall out" was unfortunate for me, since I missed the look on his face in the moment. Turns out that the stars aligned today during Primary between the approximate times of 3:15 and 4:00 pm. {He had showed me his tooth during Singing Time just before class and I could see that it was dangling upside down and tried to get him to just pull it for crying out loud. But he would have none of that.} sigh. And I know that his teachers really appreciated the interruption to their lesson... At least the tooth didn't actually end up lost.

No comments: