Saturday, September 5, 2009

grow, baby, grow

can you see them??
how 'bout now??
that's right. the seeds are in the ground. {or on the ground....}
it took a bit longer than I thought, but it was 3500 square feet after all.
and there were a few kinks to work out along the way...
now we just have to keep it wet.
here are a couple of things I learned today:
--the wind can work for you or against you when spreading grass seed.
--ants will carry grass seeds away.
--it's never as easy as it should be.
{wait, I already knew that.}






5 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

We have also spent time seeding a lawn, it's no picnic. But the little blades of grass are so rewarding!

marticall said...

Wow, you guys GET IT DONE!! Great job! Get the lawn chairs out and the lemonade ready :)

Amber said...

awesome--after all that work it is so fun when you see the first sprout of green :-)

Adah said...

Looks like you have been very busy. We tried to grow grass this spring and it was sort of a success. Our problem was too much shade...and not enough grass seed.

Mamabug said...

I am sorry the ants are taking away your seeds - they can be quite busy. Hopefully they will leave some to grow.