Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's in your wallet?

I don't know about you, but we get tons of junk mail credit card offers. {I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones.} Some people don't use credit cards. But we do. I feel like they can either work for you or against you.
When we first got married we got a GM card. {after being rejected for the Ford card we tried to get, but I think it turned out better in the end.} We earned 5% of whatever we spent as a rebate toward a car. We used it for years and actually almost gave up on ever seeing that money. But when our trusty Sentra bit the big one, we were able to buy our Vibe using their current promotion plus our rebate to boot. We actually could have traded it back in and made money on the deal.
Our Chase card gives us decent cash back. But the thing I really like about that one is that I figured out that if I save up my cash back until it reaches $200, then they will send me a check for $250. Easy as pie. Extra fifty bucks. That's what I just did today. Nice!

No comments: