
I made this pumpkin cobbler recently when my house was full of people and everyone seemed to like it. My sister, who doesn’t like pumpkin pie, asked for the recipe. And my little brother asked, “What did I just eat?! It was good!” Well, he did just get back from El Salvadore…
Anyway, here is the complicated and very tricky recipe.
Beat together 3 eggs, a 15 oz can of pumpkin, a 12 oz can of evaporated milk OR one cup of milk, one cup of sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of salt 1 and a half teaspoons of cinnamon, a teaspoon of ground ginger, and a Tablespoon of vanilla. {I have used a can of pumpkin with the spices already in it, in which case you just skip the rest of the spices listed here. Or you can substitute 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice}
Pour that into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle the contents of one yellow cake mix over the top. Drizzle with one cup melted butter. {I actually don’t use quite that much…} Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Top with 1 cup chopped nuts and Bake an additional 15 minutes. The original recipe came from Gooseberry Patch.
Feel free to smother it with vanilla ice cream.
1 comment:
Thanks! I love trying new recipes and you always have good ones. We love your zebra popcorn recipe and make it often!
Post a Comment