Sunday, July 20, 2008

Holy Social Commentary, Batman!

We took the kids to the movies the other day. We let them choose between Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda. {The Professor and I were rooting for Kung Fu Panda, but Cuddles decided we needed to see the one about robots.} I am a huge Pixar fan, but I have to say it was not my favorite in their line-up so far. And it was actually kind of rough as a kids flick, maybe due to the lack of dialog. Cuddles was loaded with questions {not like that is unusual} and Easy lasted in her seat for about the length of the animated short {which I actually liked better than the feature in all honesty.} Plus the film spent most of its time throwing stinging jabs at our, shall we say, growing sedentary lifestyle. Not that I disagreed…
It also reminded me that I need to watch Hello, Dolly.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Noted.

Shoulda gone with the Kung-Fu. How can you go wrong?

Gretchen said...

Oh I SO beg to differ (and will :). We took both boys to see Wall-E. It was our very first family movie and Boston's first in theater movie. We loved it and so help me if it doesn't hold a special place in my heart.
Was it their best? Nope, but it was innocent and sweet and enjoyable.
There's my two cents. Did you see the preview for the Chihuahua show? That will be our first mother.son date movie, I can't wait!

Cherisa said...

I really liked Wall-e (social commentary not withstanding)! I know there wasn't much dialog but I had been warned about this before we went to see it so it wasn't a suprise. Did you see the short with the magician pulling the rabbit through his hat? I thought it was a riot! I've definitely seen worse films as far as commentary goes (anyone remember The Cable Guy with Jim Carrey?).

Missletoe said...

So I clicked on your fly lady link. Her idea of polishing the sink seems as ridiculous to me as cleaning up toys in the living room before 4:30 p.m. I couldn't stop myself from reading it... it was like watching a train wreck. Please don't ever come look in my sink.

Amber said...

I agree with you on Wall -E. I had not seen any previews before my family wanted to all go and see it00and I just sat there--waiting for someone to say SOMETHING...ANYTHING. I think sometimes they get a little wrapped up with the cool things they can do with animation...but with that alone-I am not impressed