I was able to come to a conclusion with some {$1.66 a yard} fabric for the family room
I got some great fabric for the laundry room window that I originally wanted to use for our bedroom, but The Professor said there's too much pink in it. Whatever. He's so hard to please.
These days my "To Do" list is miles longer than my "Tah-dah" list, but I was able to finish recovering our kitchen chairs. Man were they ever crying out to be recovered. I wish that I could just leave them with the fabric minus the vinyl. Maybe in about twenty years...
Can you tell which one the fabric had to be washed and which didn't??
How about now??

It shrunk a little so it was a little tight getting it stretched back on, but we made it. And it will do for now. I thought I had some extra matching fabric hiding somewhere but I just couldn't wait any longer to get this done. Of course I found it just after I finished screwing all the seats back on. Oh well. I'll just save it for after the berry stains that we all know will make their way onto these puppies won't come out.
It shrunk a little so it was a little tight getting it stretched back on, but we made it. And it will do for now. I thought I had some extra matching fabric hiding somewhere but I just couldn't wait any longer to get this done. Of course I found it just after I finished screwing all the seats back on. Oh well. I'll just save it for after the berry stains that we all know will make their way onto these puppies won't come out.
3 comments:
Well done! You're making me feel....lazy, but maybe that's the motivation I need.
Melanie, How exciting to finally be in your house and start making it your home. Wonderful. I just re-finished my dining room table and re-covered my chair seats. Good work but haha ha I didn't have to put plastic on them this time.
Man that seems like a lot of work! Good job with that! I hate going to fabric stores too, mainly because I never find what I am looking for.
Post a Comment