Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Out Back

We had a guy out today to move some dirt around. Or, as it turns out, mostly move some rocks around, with a little bit of dirt mixed in there. That made us extra glad we weren’t doing it ourselves. {We’ve done that before and let’s just say our previous town was named Rockland for a reason.}

Anywho, it’s great to have things coming along in the yard. Maybe soon I can actually let the kids out. We’re planning on extending the driveway a little for a basketball hoop and making the back yard mostly a patio. Yes, the deck will have to go. Bleck. And we’ll put a garden and grassy area up in the back corner. The Professor wants a trampoline up there, but I’m trying to stall on that one. . . I’m hoping a tether ball will appease him. Or maybe volleyball net??

Most of all, I want to put a hobbit door right in there.
But I’m not sure I can figure out how to work it before the retaining wall guys come next week. . .

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

OOOOooooo.... A hobbit door. That's much better than a trampoline!

Cherisa said...

How exciting! I think a large patio sounds like a great plan!

I have to say I vote with the Professor on the trampoline... We had one in our backyard growing up and we loved it! My parent hired some kids from the high school to dig a huge pit to put it in so it was at ground level. And then friends just had to sign a release saying they wouldn't sue my parents if they got hurt. No one ever managed any decent injuries (I've actually endured more serious accidents from playing tether ball) and we played on it almost year round. You also can't beat sleeping outside on the trampoline on warm summer nights!