Monday, August 10, 2009

In The Trenches

Since the patio pouring was a no-go on Saturday, we decided to take advantage of the cool weather {I think I heard we had record lows for August} and spent the rest of the morning {5 hours} connecting the rest of the PVC for our sprinklers. It was amazingly fun. And after we turned on the water to test them we only had minor fixes to tend to. It appears that we can finally fill in those puppies. Plow ‘em over. Stompety stomp.

After a quick lunch we scurried to the basement for a six hour session of cutting, drilling, hammering, and screaming at the moulding. We are just about done. So close. But sheesh I couldn’t believe how little we got done in that amount of time. And I had to have Easy walk on my back for a while afterwards.
Then we went swimming.
And since you’re here, I do have one tiny project to show. It’s in the laundry room. It took me seriously about ten minutes. Total. Check it out.


I just love it when everything comes together. I got the framed urn at Savers and used my trusty **teen year old flowers from our wedding reception {I know!} and hung the fabric with a little spring rod, didn’t finish the bottom just hot glued the little trim to it… wah-lah. See?

If I were a teensy bit taller I would have already finished the one for over the window. But I can’t quite make it up there to hang it. Well, only on one side. I can stand on the washing machine, but the other side will require some height intervention. So stay tuned for that.
If you have any inclinations whatsoever toward decorating you really owe it to yourself to check out the Nesting Place.

1 comment:

Mamma Meg said...

Your blog is wearing me out! You guys are doing soooo much work, but it's looking great. Love the laundry room project, it turned out great.