Did you also notice the pots of hydrangeas and other shrubs scattered in the flower beds? This week I have been foraging local nurseries and garden centers for advice and clearance stuff for the yard. It has been educational, exciting and disappointing all at the same time. {disappointed about not being able to grow blueberries or aspen trees but excited about the peonies, hydrangeas, roses, honeysuckle, clematis, wisteria, fruit trees and all. The only thing that is still evading me is what trees to get. I mean, it's one thing to throw in a few of these and a few of those when it comes to flowers and bushes, but a tree is, well, a TREE. So many variables.}
Easy has not quite appreciated the experience as I have, except for the fact that garden centers have wagons to pull around and nice workers who give her free geraniums. She actually fell asleep in the cart at Walmart on Thursday after I had dragged her around all week. I can think of one other time she has done that, other than in infancy.
And here you can see how nice the grass is coming along in the back yard. There's the lineup of roses and peonies.
5 comments:
That sounds like a fun little trip. Your fall decorations look great! I hope everything works out with your grass and plants and all.
This is actually Melissa-I'm logged in as Mom right now cause I just checked to see if Bryce has emailed yet.
Yes I am glad you got a little break and the kids got to go to the farm too. I love to see how your yard keeps GROWING and BLOSSOMING! Looks wonderful. I know how it is with Ezrie--for her to get used to school, and then to go shopping too. At least she sleeps--Matt would just head to the tractors on the FAR side of the store, without me seeing him and I would get scared and want to close down the mall till someone on the FAR side of the store would call on the store speaker for all to hear 'we have a little blonde boy over here on the tracters. We will keep him here till his Mom comes to get him" (Now it's motorcycles) :)
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! It makes me somewhat jealous to see these brand new houses but I know ours will look good someday! Lovin' the stone on the outside!
Hey I can see some green in the backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!! I really like the Fall decor - can I come and trick or treat at your house?
Post a Comment