I can pretty much count on my fingers the times when I have gone in to have my hair done. My hair grows relatively fast and I let it go from short to long before venturing back to a salon. The hairdressers usually double check a few times before taking the first cut just to be sure I really want to change things that drastically.
This time I knew I was overdue for a few reasons. My hair was getting so long that it hurt to put it in a ponytail since it was so heavy. Heavy and hot. Not exactly conducive to cooling me down on a summer afternoon. And then there was the hair catching on fire while making dinner incident. {I tried to get a picture of the melted hair, but it wouldn’t focus correctly that close up…} Yeah, it was time.
I have also been planning for a while to take Easy in to get her hair cut. As much as I want her hair to stay long and luscious, she loathes anyone brushing/combing it and it pretty much only would get brushed after a bath. And forget about styling. You know I’ve tried. As a result, her dreadlocks have been anything but luscious.
So, after much unintentional procrastination, we made our way this morning to the neighborhood beauty school. Since it was Easy’s first visit to a “beauty salon” I had them capture our before and afters:
She of course kept everyone entertained while she was there. And, while it wasn’t exactly the look I was going for, {they never seem to give me enough layers} I think it is a decent summer do. And I was able to donate the leftovers.
2 comments:
Your hair caught on fire!?! Oh my gosh! I love your hair cuts! You both look beautiful and ready for summer. And that is awesome that you got to donate your hair too. I have always wanted hair like yours-the perfect red, now some other lucky person can enjoy it.
I love your haircuts too.:) And I am anxious to hear the story of hair on fire too. You lead way too exciting of a life, with stories like that! You always look great and now you and EZ match. What a little lady EZ is. I will be checking back for the story. :)
Post a Comment