I love having flowers in our yard. Really, isn't that the whole point of having a yard?

I’m so glad that my roses survived the deers’ thanksgiving feast last fall…They’re still ticking. {Thriving might be too strong a word.} Hopefully they will keep growing and blooming.

Luckily Peonies repel the deer. That’s awesome. Unfortunately one of my peonies didn’t survive the snow on Easter. I’m wondering if it will come back next year or if it’s lost forever?
See that fabulous birdbath? I put it together from a platter and candlestick I found at a garage sale.A crazy wind storm this week knocked it over onto the rocks and shattered it. sniff.
Well, it is in the place where a peony should be, so maybe next year it will return...
And I’m quickly becoming a daffodil fan. I think mixing my tulips in with the daffodils is helpful in keeping the deer from decapitating them. They seemed to eat the ones that were on their own and leave the ones that were scattered in with the daffodils. And I’m learning quickly the virtues of other flowers that are unappetizing to deer {hyacinth, begonias, allium, iris, day lilies, bleeding hearts, clematis etc.}.
1 comment:
Beautiful. Sorry about the dear and snow ruining some of your flowers, but the rest looks great. The bird bath was so cute-too bad it got cracked. I have always loved tulips but I just realized this spring how much I love peonies too, they are so pretty.
Post a Comment