Monday, April 6, 2009

Get This

So, The Professor has been grounded from playing basketball ever since I can remember. Since like graduate school. And he plays it pretty much every day. The injuries have been piling up. And he finally went to see a doctor today.

He was there for a few hours. . .

So he walks in the door with a handful of x-ray printouts. Wrist: fracture. {OK that one was from high school.} Foot: fracture. Big toe: arthritis. "And we didn't even get to talk about my knees."

I ask, "So...what does this mean?"

He tells me,"You're gonna like this. He says to lay off chores at home and to get more massages to increase the blood flow."

I said, "Have the doctor call me."

5 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Sounds fishy...are we sure this is a real doctor?

Cherisa said...

I think I would require a written note on real prescription pad and then verify it with the doctor in person. Unless, of course, you can get the health insurance to pay for both the massages and a "stand in" for husband chores! : )

mom2cherreys said...

Thats too funny! I bet Jay would really like that doctor!

Gaia said...

That's awesome. I should probably go to the doc myself with some old gymnastic and diving injuries from school... :) Glad to hear from you by the way. It took me a second to figure out who Melonius was...

Missletoe said...

Nice try Professor. Now get out there and start pushing some rocks around.