Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

Cuddles loves Easter egg hunts. He had been asking and asking and asking if we could do an early egg hunt and if he could be the Easter bunny so finally Saturday morning I gave him all the empty eggs and let him have at it. It kept him busy all morning hiding them and finding them and hiding them and finding them again. He found some pretty creative hiding spots.

After the kids were in bed I was filling eggs for the hunt today, but I was short a few. I figured I would have him find the rest in the morning and then I got to work making baby spinach quiches for breakfast {see, mini!}

And since Walmart had cream cheese for 88 cents I was compelled to make a cheesecake. Mmmmm.
And guess what I found in the drawer as I was cooking: the missing eggs! Told you he was getting good at hiding them.This morning we had two very giggly childrenAfter church we headed over to The Farm for dinner and then egg dying. Think of seven children around a table with cups full of colorful liquid. Now think of the mess. And what a mess it was!Meanwhile the dads were hiding eggs full of candy outside. Easy made a beeline for the egg at the *top* {nope, I'm not joking} of the playhouse. {Remember who hid them.} It's like she has a radar. I couldn't get a picture fast enough. Here she is climbing down.
Happy Easter!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you had a good Easter! I love your blog Melanie, it's always so funny and I love the pictures of the kids.

mom2cherreys said...

Looks like you had a good Easter. We were coloring our eggs the other day and Domino spoke out, "I really miss Dallon, I think he would really enjoy this!" Then he went to the picture board and pulled your family picture down and set it on the table beside him. "There now he can watch us and it's almost like he is here!" Sam then told Domino that he got to see you in Utah and this has made for a new conversation, "When do WE get to go to Utah to see our old friends?"